20160815

Gamescom! WOOHOO!

Gamescom 2016 is almost upon us. I'm stoked.

If you wanna watch some of the live coverage, IGN has it. I'm gonna check around more tonight and see if I can dig up any other live streams.

I'm still coming to understand Gamescom, as it is a bit different from E3. It's in Cologne, Germany, for one, but it also has an 'open to the public' component, as well.

It's bigger, in terms of attendance, but it's temporal proximity to E3, I think, has diminished its overall profile. It seems to have fewer pressers every year, but there's still lotsa great looks at games there.

It's also a chance for a lot of my favorite European developers, like Larian, Piranha Bytes, and CD Projekt Red to shine and get some love.

SERIOUSLY? This guy?

Oh, and Final Fantasy XV got delayed. Hmm. I have the game preordered, but I can't say that I'm really expecting a lot from the title. I despise the character design, I like that they added pause-and-play to combat after foolishly ditching turn-based, and the characters themselves seem to be somewhere between bland and melodramatic fucktards. Still, it's a numerical Final Fantasy, and I'm a slave to that series, so ...



But, I'm still looking forward to the game. I just wish it was coming to PC. YEAH YEAH YEAH, I know. You hate being able to tailor your gaming experience to your exact desires. Sure.

Anyway ...

FFXV will also be at Gamescom.

Hey, if you're not watching Dark Matter, you're part of the problem. Give it a look. I love this show.

I'm super-stoked for Nuka World. Give it a look.



Once Nuka World releases, I don't think we're seeing any actual big new games from MGS for a long, long time. Elder Scrolls VI is way, way down the road, and don't even bring up Fallout 5. Of course, it would be awesome to see New Vegas 2 from Obsidian. I'd greedily devour that shit. New Vegas is probably in my top 10 games of all time.

Games I'll be watching for at Gamescom:

Elex
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dishonored 2
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Final Fantasy XV
Prey
Seven
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3
Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor: Martyr
Watch Dogs 2

And, oh look, IGN has a couple unannounced games in their coverage. That's interesting. Hmm.

What about you? Anything that might be at Gamescom that's got you stoked?

Alright, that's enough for now. Yeah, I still owe you more Star Trek pics, I know. We'll get to that ... uh ... soon.

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment