20190215

Weekend Action 2019/2/15

Thank the Maker it's Friday! It's been kind of a grueling week, to say the least. Between some issues with my bipolar, and some weird news that I got, it's been tough. But, the weekend is here now, and it's time to relax!

It now feels odd to not have a loot shooter beta/demo this weekend, after three consecutive weekends with either Anthem or The Division 2. I guess I'll have to play actual released games.

I'd like to finish Resident Evil 2 this weekend, at least one playthrough, but I'm chafing at the backtracking and fetch-quest aspects of the game a bit. I'm overall really enjoying it, but my heart sinks every time I see that I need to find six different plugs based on chess pieces, and I have no fucking clue where to go to find the rest of them. Sigh ...

... I've also been contemplating jumping back into Pathfinder: Kingmaker and finishing it off. I dearly love a lot of things about that game, and then clench my teeth at other parts. I dig the story, characters, combat, and appreciate what Owlcat intended with the kingdom management bits, but I actually get angry at how 'hardcore' this game wants to be, and I hate that the game can set you on the path toward a fail state hours before you realize it. That shit's just lame.



I don't understand the crowd that wants brutally unfair and 'hardcore' cRPGs, but I won't look down on them, either. People find their bliss in different things, and that's part of what makes games great. The diversity in gaming is fantastic.

That being said, I'm not someone that a) enjoys being punched in the teeth by a game, and b) has the time to be overly challenged. I like having to think my way through things, but I need actual clues to work with, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker fails hard in this regard at times.

When I finish the game, I think it'll be the most hours I've ever put into a game that I somewhat hated (and liked at the same time.) Dragon Quest XI will be just behind it.

Since it's Friday, I'm streaming the Witcher 3 tonight at 7PMc on my Twitch channel. It's a really fun stream, with a great crowd in chat, and I'll be making black and tans live on the stream, too. It's going to be a great time.

Otherwise, I'll be putting some time into the Elder Scrolls Online, and I might wrap up the Summerset campaign this weekend or early next week.

And that's it.

What about you? What are you playing this weekend?

- Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment