20190208

Weekend Action - 2019/2/8

Happy Friday! Whatcha playin' this weekend?

It was a decent week, but I'm always glad for the weekend. And I'm playing some awesome stuff!

First up, The Division 2 beta is live right now! I played a little bit last night, but I'll be playing through the entirety a little today and a bunch on Saturday with my oldest son.

And it's interesting having played Anthem the past two weeks and now playing The Division 2 beta. It's hard not to compare them in this circumstance, even if I think that the similarities are superficial.

Without really getting into the idiocy of 'OMG which is better LOL,' I'll say that I really enjoy both.

The gunplay is pretty different in the two, but I really like both. Anthem feels like Mass Effect, which is great, and The Division 2 feels much more real and grounded, which I also appreciate.

The traversal in both is fun, and totally different. Anthem has the flying and floating and zipping around, which is fantastic, while I really like the cover-to-cover movement of The Division 2, too. Totally different, but each feels great in the game's context.

Also, the environments in both look and sound amazing.

Really, they scratch different itches for me, and I'm glad I'll be able to bounce between the two for a while (once they come out.)



Tonight, as usual, I'm streaming The Witcher trilogy at 7PMc on Twitch. We're eyeballs-deep in Velen in The Witcher 3, and having an absolute blast. The in-game action is wild, and the chat is a great place to shoot the shit and relax. Get yourself a six-pack or make yourself a stiff drink and come hang out. It's a great way to kick off the weekend.

If you want to get caught up on The Witcher or any game series that I've streamed, check out my YouTube channel!



Otherwise, I plan to try and tackle more Resident Evil 2 and get some more quality MMO time.

I finally got a pro-tip from my boss at work to get me un-stuck in RE2 (I haven't been able to figure out how to get back to the goddam fucking parking garage), so I'll probably start on that post-stream tonight. I'm loving RE2 so far.

MMO-wise, I'll probably focus on playing through the rest of the Summerset campaign. I hate the Altmer, but this is a great expansion.



So, how about you? What are you playing this weekend?

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment