20160915

On the regular or whatever

With this blog, I promised myself that I would NEVER do one of those 'sorry I haven't been blogging' posts. I feel like a) that's a death knell, and b) it makes the thing feel like a job.

So, guess what? I'm not doing that here.

Honestly, I've been juggling this and the streaming thing, plus all the normal aspects of my life. I work, I run, I have kids, the Cardinals are in a pennant race, the oldest boy is back into acting, and on and on.

So, how's the streaming thing going, you ask? Well, here's the current playlist for my ginormous Mass Effect trilogy playthrough.



Pretty cool, eh? I think I'm going to do another episode tonight.

That's been mostly fun. I'm still working out what works best for me and my personality as a streamer/YouTuber, and I'm finding that those two are distinct concepts. So, I'm still working that out.

I'm also actually really gaining some momentum with the weight loss. I'm down about 25 pounds now, and it's still coming off. Honestly, it was just cutting out snacks, cutting my overall intake, still eating tasty things that aren't bad for me, and getting my heart rate up for extended periods at least three times a week.

That, and really believing that I am the only one that's in control of my weight. I dictate how fat I am. I am in total control of this situation. It's work, yes, but it's work that I've earned, and I can definitely do this. It's worth taking precious time away from my wife and kids to do the exercise three times (or more) a week, because it's actually going to make me live longer, which is more time with them.

And, I believe, living every day like it's your last is fucking stupid. If I did that, I wouldn't fucking exercise. I'd have an orgy while eating pizza and running slow drivers off the road.

My approach is to just live every day. Some stuff is fun, some stuff just keeps you moving forward, and some stuff just is what it is.

Anyway ...

... some quick hits

I am still madly in love with Dark Matter.

I am loving Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, even if the optimization is a bit lacking on PC.



Divinity: Original Sin 2 early access hit, and it's blowing me away. The first Original Sin was, by the time the Director's Cut or whatever it was called was done, an absolutely wonderful, amazing experience. Wholly original and utterly enjoyable. This takes all that, and iterates in all the right places, and brings natural evolutions to systems in great ways. And I really, really see Chris Avellone in the writing. It is so fucking good. Not just the writing itself, but the way conversation are structured now is just fantastic. Man, what a great game. This and Torment are my two most-hyped games on the horizon. Even more than my beloved Mass Effect.



Anyway, yeah, September always gets a little outta control for us. It's the moment when summer has slammed into a concrete barrier at 75MPH, and we're hurled through the windshield and into fall. Shit just gets crazy.

So, that's what's going on.

Oh, and Tokyo Game Show is happening RIGHT NOW. There's a Twitch team here where you can watch. Just bear in mind, they're half a day in the future.

Alright, I'm out. I'll post something on Twitter when I'm going live later tonight, or just subscribe to my channel!

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment