20160829

That Mass Effect Series I'm Doing

So, I'm really excited about the Mass Effect YouTube series that I kicked off yesterday. Mass Effect is a series that is very close to my heart, and I'm really pumped that I get to share it with the world.



To that end, even though I've played through the trilogy multiple times, and ready/seen everything that expands the universe, I'm doing a fair amount of research into both the development history, and the in-game lore. And I'm having a fucking blast doing that. I love this series so much, and I'm really enjoying putting the work in to make it great for you.

In fact, if you wanna check out the first episode, here ya go:



And if you wanna keep up with the series, and/or be notified when I go live with a new episode, PLEASE subscribe!

Now, if you REALLY wanna do it right, do a little homework before watching my stream! Check it out!



First, read the Mass Effect: Evolution comic! It provides some background on a key character that comes later, as well as gives you some familiarity with the conflict between humans and Turians.



Second, read the novel Mass Effect: Revelation! It's a fun read, and really gives the reader some insight into a couple key characters from the series. And for real, it really gave me a deeper appreciation of a particularly nasty character in the first game.



Third, read Mass Effect: He Who Laughs Best. It provides a neat little bit of background for one of the main characters of the series, and is a fun read.

After that, you're basically ready for the first Mass Effect.

I'm now actually contemplating doing an 'intro' video that explains some of the history prior to the first game. What do you think? Maybe a PowerPoint? I dunno. Opinions are welcome here.

Anyway, if you wanna join me and help guide some of the choices of my current Shepard, then join me during the next stream, comment below, whatever. And if you subscribe to my channel, you can get notifications for whenever I'm going live or publish a new video.

Other than that, I am thoroughly enjoying Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I'm not streaming that one. I decided that I don't really like sharing my first playthroughs of game. I like the solitude and privacy my first time through.

Anyway, I played through the Dubai intro, which was stupid and frustrating, but I've really liked everything after that. I'm still in the main hub area after Dubai, doing side missions and learning the new Praxis system.

I also really want to, soon, set aside some time to really focus on playing Wasteland 2. That's such a great game that I've just never made the time for.

Oh, I'm also reading the latest Deus Ex novel, Black Light, by James Swallow. It bridges the two games. Give it a look. It's solid.

And that's it! Thanks!

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment