20150714

2015 MLB All-Star Game

So, yeah, I'm a big damn Cardinals fan. Huge Cardinals fan. StL is my adoptive home, and I've thus been cheering them on for 30 years.

Anyway, watching the ASG, I can't help but yearn for one of the first basemen or someone that could be moved to first as a potential trade. Even if Adams wasn't hurt, it's time to stop pretending he's the answer there. And Reynolds is bad. 

I'm not one of those knee-jerk 'we must trade every prospect for a guy that's due $250m over the next five years' idiots. Actually, I'm opposed to nearly every trade the Cards make. I love our farm system. 

Unless we're going to give Scruggs a long look at first, I'd love to see us kick the tires on Todd Frazier, and if we can, set him up at 1B here. We badly need some punch. And a lineup that features Heyward, Peralta, Holliday, Grichuk looks a lot scarier with Frazier in the middle there.

Of course, there's that sentimental part of me that has Albert coming home ... sniffle ...

No comments:

Post a Comment