20170228

A Post About the Post Post-Apocalypse

This is gonna be short, because I desperately want to get back to playing.

I spent a couple hours last night with Horizon Zero Dawn and absolutely loved it.

Watch live video from taranwalker on www.twitch.tv

That was fun. I was also REALLY tired.

Today, I've finally got some proper time with the release build of Torment: Tides of Numenera, which I'm firing up again in just a moment.

I adore both of these games so far, and highly encourage everyone to try them both. They are utterly different mechanically, but each present a fascinating look at a very distant future in which society as we know it has been dead for a long, long time. I'm sure that there are other fictional portrayals of a post-post-apocalyptic society that is set waaay after 'the incident,' but I've never seen one (if you have, I'd love to hear about it. I'm really enjoying this.)




Again, these games are so utterly different, yet have such compelling settings and lore, they are a perfect pairing. I'm gonna go play some more.

Are you playing either of them? If so, what do you think? I'll have more to say tomorrow. Adios, muchachos.

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment