20170227

TORMENT/HORIZON DAY EVE!!!

Happy Monday!

It's almost here! Torment: Tides of Numenera, my personal most-anticipated game of 2017, and Horizon: Zero Dawn are both out tonight/tomorrow. Holy shit, they're finally real.

I know I've droned on endlessly about Torment, but goddamit, I'm serious, the Early Access build was that good. It really spoke to me, and is what I want from games. I'm tempted to rattle off all the design aspects that I like, but I'd rather just gush about how alive the world feels, how choices feel like they really matter, and how immersive an experience it is overall.



As for Horizon ... I'm so disappointed that this is locked to a console, but I'll play it remote, and hopefully, that offsets it a little. I just don't like the physical constraints of console gaming, especially since at least one member of my family is always on the TV. I may just move the PS4 off that TV, though. Hmm. That's a really interesting thought, actually. Understand that I game on a fatty gaming laptop wherever and whenever I want.



I would also much rather play this kind of game with a mouse and keyboard. I'll live, though.

This isn't a gaming news site, but fuck it ...
Anyway, there's some fun stuff going around the gaming world right now.

We already knew that Mass Effect Andromeda was gonna have lots of fucking, but DAMN, I guess it really will. Now, compare that with The Witcher 3's ESRB rating, and this is gonna be a FUCKING great time. Any time you're wondering what the barometer for 'video game fucking and tits' is, just fire up the latest 'The Witcher' release, and that's it.

GDC is happening this week. I almost went again this year, but opted not to, at the last moment. I don't regret that, but ... man, it's a good time, and I kinda wish I was there. I think it's going to be kinda quiet in terms of blockbuster announcements. There was a time in which GDC was becoming known, more and more, for announcements, but that's quieted down a bit. There's not even any real coverage presence from GameSpot and IGN this year, which is rather telling.

Still, maybe something interesting gets announced? This is the official 'live feed,' which it actually is not, but whatever.

IGN is doing a Save Point Live Stream that sounds pretty cool today. Basically, they're raising money for the Video Game History Foundation folks and playing lotsa canceled and unreleased shit. Give it a look. It looks totally cool.

Ack, I just read the comments in a gaming article. What the hell was I thinking? I'm now reminded why so-called 'gamers' are basically the worst humans in the history of the world. Why do we get so bent out of shape about what different people enjoy? If someone likes 'company x' and you don't ... it doesn't matter to you at all. Not even a little. Why pronounce judgment over all people that might at all enjoy a thing that you don't? Yes, I think it's weird to like some of the extremely Japanese gaming stuff, but I have friends that love that shit, and I really enjoy hearing them talk about it, even if I've tried it a few times, and not found something I want to spend time with.

Anyway, let's be excellent to each other.



Me Streaming and Making Videos (OH YEAH)
I continued my 'Road to Andromeda' Mass Effect series this past weekend. You can get caught up right here, or just below.



We're near the end, friends. I've been working on this since September of last year, and it's been a blast. I'd love to get some more eyeballs on it, and get some suggestions for my next series, whatever it may be. I've loved doing this, and love sharing my passion for Mass Effect. If you don't mind, give it a look and lemme know what you think. And bear in mind that it evolved over the course of the series.

My current plan is to finish the fight this weekend. I've done everything there is in the game, with the exception of the end of ME3. I'll be picking it back up Thursday night, and it would be fun to end the game with friends.

Tonight, I'll be streaming Horizon Zero Dawn starting at 2300 central time. I don't normally stream brand new games, but I thought this might be fun.

I will not be streaming Torment at all any time soon, because I don't like streaming when I really want to feel my way through the game AND it has a ton of text to read (which I enjoy, but makes for bad streaming.) Horizon, though, is fully voice acted and very cinematic, so that'll be fun.

And it'll be even more fun if ya'll come on out.

MAN, I am SO EXCITED for Torment and Horizon! YES! Get in my hard disk NOW!

How about you? You excited?

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment