20170209

GameRV

I've got a fairly well-developed roadmap for becoming a trailer home owner. Not the shitty 'Trailer Park Boys' kinda thing, but something a little smaller that you can pull behind an SUV or truck and live in while on vacation. I've been looking at some that have a master suite for my wife and me, and bunk beds at the other end for the boys, a full bathroom, kitchen, and main area for hanging out, as well as an outdoor kitchen and awning. Pretty dope. I went and looked at some last weekend, with 'early 2019' in mind. We'll be replacing her vehicle at the end of this year, with the intention of getting the towing vehicle as a replacement, and then doing some renting of a trailer a few times to make sure we really want it.

One of the designs that I have on this, and this is going to sound ridiculous, but is to get a traveling gaming setup going, where I actually game outside and on the road.



My existing standard setup is my MSI DOMINATOR!!! (sorry, that name is just so ridiculous) with a mouse, so I already travel pretty light.

Some of these have a TV built into the side of the vehicle, presumably for tailgating. I could output to that, get a wireless keyboard and mouse, and maybe do it like that? I dunno.

Sunlight can be tricky. I remember trying to play Alien Isolation in Key West a couple winters ago, and it just wasn't happening. I'd love to have a laptop that lightened or darkened the screen dynamically, like a lot of phone do now. Sigh ...

Yeah, I plan to do plenty of outdoor stuff while we're traveling with this thing, but I also want to enjoy my vacation in a diverse number of ways, including enjoying some good weather while playing games.

I'm also considering parking this thing in my backyard when we're not traveling, and possibly using it as a 'man cave.' Could be cool.

One of the real concerns, though, is space. My MSI DOMINATOR!!! is not small. It's probably 18 or so inches across, plus you gotta have space for the mouse, and that is not trivial surface space in one of these trailers. The space is there, but not while other people might need it.

I also have a lot to learn about these things, which is why I want to rent one soon, and see what we think.

I'd love to read any ideas or suggestions you all have.

Anyway, here's the one I'm thinking about:






So, we'll see where this goes. My general plan is to rent once or twice this year, then, after we buy the new vehicle at the end of this year, to rent again, and drive to and from Spring Training with it, and live in it for a couple weeks. Like I said, we'll see how it goes. I'm excited.

Before I go, check this out. This is the game about which I'm the most excited right now.



Also, I'm revising my streaming schedule. No more Tues and Thurs 1630 streams. It's just not workable right now. I am still on for Thurs 2000 streams, so I'll see you all tonight. Check me out!

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment