20160817

Gamescom Day One

Here's some quick hits of my favorite stuff at Gamescom so far:

Tyranny! Man, I cannot frakkin' wait for this game! This is from the fine folks at Obsidian. It's an original IP, uses the same engine as the excellent Pillars of Eternity, and has the player playing as one of the bad guys of a previous war. It looks AWESOME.

Watch live video from ParadoxInteractive on www.twitch.tv


Next up is Prey. This debuted at E3 this year, and looked like a cool concept with some awesome people working on it at Arkane. Today, we got to see a bit more, and it looks super-rad.



And, the just-delayed Final Fantasy XV has had its opening hour or so released ... I've actually not watched this, because I'm avoiding spoilers, but check it out, if you like.



One of the biggest surprises of the show is just how damn good Titanfall 2 looks. I liked some aspects of the first one, but ultimately put it down because multiplayer-only gets boring for me quickly. Everything about this, though, is looking great, on both single-player and multi-player. Hell, the single-player Titan stuff is looking like it's going to out-Guardian The Last Guardian, which would amuse me to no end.






And Battlefield 1 is shaping up nicely. And I don't really play shooters.



And that's about it, for now. I can't find any of the Deus Ex footage that I watched earlier, but I'll post it once I find it. Also, there's a number of games, like Elex, that I haven't seen yet, that I'm excited for.

What's been your favorite at Gamescom so far?

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment