20160806

Star Trek 50th Anniversary Las Vegas Convention - 2016/08/05

Gotta be quick here. I don't know why I don't do these at night.

Quick recap of yesterday:

Opened up with Chase Masterson and StarFleet Academy cheer squad. She was very funny and passionate about change,

George Takei went next, and was also very outspoken about his experiences as a Japanese-American during World War II, and being gay. His words were particularly inspiring.

The Voyager panel with Garrett Wang, Ethan Phillips, and Tim Russ was fantastic. They were absolutely hilarious.

The TNG panel with Levar Burton, Gates McFadden, and Brent Spiner was very entertaining and provided some great insight. And my god, Spiner has a dry sense of humor. I loved them dearly.

Kirstie Alley was a pleasant surprise, in terms of how endearing she is, until I looked up her up and saw that she's a scientologist.

John de Lancie and Denise Crosby were fun and interesting. I would've liked more time with them.

The Roddenberry Entertainment panels were interesting. Lots of cool footage of the 60s show has been unearthed. They had nothing new to say about Discovery, which was a huge disappointment.

The Neal McDonough panel was really special. He actually pulled my oldest son up on stage and talked to him for a bit, which really meant everything to my son. He was gracious, funny, and really took care of a younger fan.

We closed with a Deep Space Nine panel, which featured Terry Farrell, Nana Visitor, Nicole deBoer, and Ira Steven Behr. That panel was wonderful, and I wish it had been six hours long. That show means everything to me.

I gotta run, but I'll toss up pics later.

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment