20160811

wowsers (or 'wowzers,' if you're into that kinda thing)

Yeah, I know, I never posted Sunday's pics. And I'm not posting them right now. I'm going to do a monster blog post this weekend on the Star Trek convention from last week.

I have a lot to say about the convention, most of which I'm saving for the mega-post, but for now, I think I can summarize it simply by saying that it's as close to a religious experience as I've had in ... years, maybe? I dunno.

It was a really special five days for me, and the most I've enjoyed myself in a long time. I loved it, and I want to do it again in a few years.

Anyway, I got back midday Monday, and I've been scrambling ever since. I usually build in a 'buffer day' between vacation and work, and didn't this time, since I've already taken so much vacation time this year. With school starting back up this week for our oldest, it really did get hectic very fast.

And fantasy football is starting to ramp up, too, so that's taken some of my time.

And it's not like my weekdays were exactly overflowing with free time before this, either, so there ya go.

I definitely have more ambitions and goals than I do time. It's not like time is going to slow down or start adding extra hours to the day, so maybe it's time to start getting a little more real with what I expect to accomplish during the week.

I have ideas for two new books that I'd love to write. I have a Fallout mod that I want to make. I want to be able to game a little every day again. I want to have more time for exercise.

I'm already exercising, but I want to add more cardio to my routine.

So, I dunno. Going on that trip to Vegas to the convention really kinda shook me up, in a good way, and I have a strong desire to make some changes and just enjoy myself more. I feel like I spend a lot of time doing what I need to do, and not enough what I want to do.

We'll see.

OH! I almost forgot! Let's close this out with some awesome Star Trek: Discovery news!

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment