20160804

Star Trek 50th Anniversary Las Vegas Convention - 2016/08/03

I'm gonna have to be quick about this one. We got in crazy late last night, and I opted just to go to bed.

Yesterday was the first day, and an abbreviated day. We got to the con around 1300 local time, got registered, gazed at all the cosplay in awe, explored, and got to enjoy some very cool panels.

And oh look, the hotel wifi is so bad, most of my pics from yesterday haven't finished uploading. Crap.

Well, so much for that. Maybe I'll do a condensed post later? Or maybe I'll just say 'fuck it,' and push them all via my cell data connection.



Either way, we got to see part of the crew from Star Trek: Enterprise talk about their show, which was awesome (I was a big fan, predictably), a tribute to Leonard Nimoy by his son, Adam Nimoy, a panel of TNG guest stars (which was awesome, since I'm a huge fan of Suzie Plakson), and JG Hertzler, Robert O'Reilly, and Gwynyth Walsh in their Klingon makeup and costume (and character), which was hilarious, filthy, and so much fun.



FYI - 'we' is my wife, my oldest son, and me.

Also, my wife hadn't seen 'Beyond,' so we took after the panels yesterday.

I've also eaten at Hooter's twice now.

And Vegas is insane. There are so many beautiful people in such a small place, it's ridiculous. Oh, and everything here is crazy expensive.



Yeah, so the fucking pictures are just taking forever since the hotel wifi sucks and goddam OneDrive app on iOS halts whenever the phone locks. I got some great pictures and video.

Time to run steaming hot water over my naked body before I venture out for the day. We're planning on an earlier night tonight, so maybe I'll be able to get some pics up then.

Live long and prosper.

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment